Tuesday 15 October 2013

A moment like this

Today, I taught 1st and 3rd grade in the afternoon. First grade is all about phonics, whilst my third graders are learning the phrases "Can you....? Yes, I can. No, I can't.".  In order, to demonstrate this topic we are using winter related vocabulary such as build a snowman, ski, ice-skate, make a snow angel.

Today, after revising the above vocabulary, I introduced the concept of  "Let's ________" and decide to use an image of a snowball fight. This lead to us having two imaginary and impromptu snowball fights - we even had teams and several students had ducked underneath the desks whilst others were lifting armfuls of snow to dump on each other! Imagine what we will be like when we have an actual snowball fight!

So you might think I'm mad but it's moments like this that make me realise that some people wait a lifetime for a job that makes them happy and here I am still trying to grasp how I became so lucky. I can only wish other people as much hilarity in their job as I have in mine.

PS The title of this post was inspired by Kelly Clarkson and Leona Lewis' song A moment like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Thank you!