Wednesday 14 January 2015

We can share the myths, the dream, the prayer, The notion that we can do better





2015. Well, unlike a few years ago when I first started this blog, I'm way more passionate about resolutions. I've been reading a lot of blogs about minimalism, being healthy, getting your life in order, etc. As I tend to be a bit of a chaotic soul, I need some curtailment in my life! I want to improve my mind, my body, my soul this next year. These are my overall goals for the year. I will also add to this at different points in the year and I want to review this every month. For example, at the bottom of this page, I will list my goals in January. In February, I will review where I am on January's goals and revise as needed. My time in Korea is coming to an end and here are some of my goals and resolutions for the next year, in no particular order:

Goals
  1. Take a cooking class in Korea.
  2. Take a cooking class in Laos (I am going there for vacation in February).
  3. Take a cooking class in Ireland.
  4. Get some knife lessons. I could definitely use a brush up and lots of tips! 
  5. Try Speed Dating.
  6. Sign up and complete the CELTA.
  7. Get training to be an Adult Literacy Tutor.
  8. Organise a fundraiser for the House of Sharing.
  9. Do the Camino.
  10. Get my hair to a satisfactory healthy level.
Resolutions
  1. Read more. (I want to get to the healthy level of at least 2 books a week.)
  2. Write more on this blog.
  3. Cook more for my cooking blog and Sejong Dish.
  4. Waste less food.
  5. Spend less money in Homeplus (I have a severe weakness!)
  6. Walk more.
  7. Draw more.
  8. Go on more dates with myself.
  9. Wake up at 6.00 every day including weekends. At least once go outside to the roof to watch the sunrise. This one is hard but I'd like it to be achieved before I leave Korea. It will also help for the Camino in September. 
  10. Find a volunteer activity that I am passionate about. I have volunteered for different things over the years but I've never really found something I was 100% passionate about. I loved all the opportunities I have had but I never found the right fit for my time, energy and passion. Here's to some new opportunities.
  11. Drink more tea
  12. Take time to hangout more with my friends in Korea (and at home).
  13. Cook for my friends more often.
  14. Less TV/Computer/Phone time in the evenings. Try to turn it off at least 30 minutes before bed.
  15. Save money so that I'm not completely financially dependent on my family when I go home. 
  16. Keep in better contact with my friends in other countries (SKYPE dates!). 
  17. Go to bed earlier. Basically, get more sleep.
  18. Make my bed everyday. I hate this exercise but it's a good one to get into the habit of doing!
January 2015
  • Organise two dates for when I am on vacation and complete them.
  • Make bed everyday
  • Read more
PS Title from this post is taken from Tracy Chapman's "New Beginning"

2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog, thanks for this post..it's been good reading this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

      Delete

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Thank you!